Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 15 June 2014

Dealing with Anxiety and Depression


I feel like sometimes we forget about everything that is truly beautiful in the world, yes people are and so are animals and landscapes along with plants and sunsets. all the cool artistic photos you see on Tumblr and the delicious food you see on Instagram. That is all great, but we forget that we where put on this planet to embrace life, go outside explore and see what life has to offer. You may be thinking where is she going with this? The truth is that I've been gone quite sometime as you may know. I had started struggling with mild anxiety since I was very young, people said that it must be asthma or me making a fuss, of course it wasn't. It gradually got worse and worse as I got older until it got to a point where I had a panic attack five days in one week. It lead me to feel embarrassed and self conscious a lot of the time so I eventually stopped going out and doing things. I then experienced depression, I didn't want to go see my friends and I only went to school because I had too. My weekends where filled with sitting in my room on my own, maybe on my phone or something along those lines. I had always had this dream of being an inspiration to people and making people smile even if its just for a minute, that's what I wanted to do.


 
And no I haven't yet uploaded any videos to my vine account or made my YouTube channel because depression is one of those things that kind of cave you into a deep dark hole and it feels like there is no one there to help you. I didn't leave my house unless I absolutely had to for at least four- five months, and only recently have I realised the more time I spend doing nothing and sitting around the less time I can embrace the wonderful sights and experiences there are in life. I will never get the time back that I wasted but I wanted to help those of you who may be going through something similar or knows someone who may be going through this 
 

If you are going through something like this it is hardtop recognise yourself but even if you are feeling down or upset try and do something that you like, it doesn't have to be with friends or family if you want to be alone, maybe go outside for a walk by yourself bare faced and natural, let your skin breath in the open air. I live next to a lake so I walk around that, if you cant leave the house without make up put a little bit of concealer and maybe a few swipes of mascara. Take big deep breaths as you walk around and listen to the birds or listen to some calming music or your favourite music what ever make you feel good. Just think about your dreams and aspirations maybe take a notebook and pen and just write down your ideas and dreams who you want to be and what you want to do. Obviously if you are still quite young ask your parents if you can go take a walk or maybe walk your dog. If you like interacting with people when you are upset ask one of your best friends and best friends only to go have a picnic or go and enjoy a day in the sun. I would avoid shopping as you feel like nothing would look nice on you or you feel gross and not pretty. Enjoy spending time with your friends and take silly pictures and that way you are supposed to look bad. Don't obsess over your appearance because you are still as beautiful as you where last week, month or year ago. The more you worry the more self conscious you get and the less you will want to get out. If you talk about your feelings a lot talk to someone you can trust and just let it all out cry if you need to just remember its about you and what you want.
 
If you know someone going through something like this spotting it is the first step. If they have gone through a tough break up or struggle with anxiety, maybe are self conscious you can normally see the change as they wont want to do stuff with you even if its seeing a movie. You must not force them to do anything as they will just feel worse and will want to leave or spend less time with you in the long run. Suggest things to do that are not too active but also requires a little bit of movement so that they don't get board. It needs to be light so that they can drift in and out of there thoughts. When asking your friend/daughter/son/brother/sister/mother/father etc. to do something it is important to say something along the lines of
" Do you want to go out to lunch with me, if you don't want to we don't have to go we can do something else".
Make sure you are not being intimidating or pushy.
If you are going through this or know someone who is I hope this  helped even a little, if you need to talk I'm here
See you later
:)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






2 comments:

  1. I'm dealing with this sort of problems and sometimes it's very hard and I just want to hide everything in myself.
    Love your blog and hope that we could stay in touch!
    Xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I helped or if I can help and sure keep in touch maybe email? old school hehe if there is anyway I can help let me know!
      thankyou <3

      Delete

Leave a comment, love you all loads guys! Don't forget to follow :)